Survey on Prediction Results - Short Turnaround! Please respond ASAP

Hey fellow Pynksters. I’ve been absentee from the boards for a while. I miss you guys! The discussion boards look great by the way - all kinds of updates since I’ve last visited! Nice work, @deyner1984 and all!

This week, I was assigned to create a user survey for a User Research class I’m taking. I thought, what a great opportunity for the Pynk Crowd to learn together! Let’s come together here, build some insights around our experiences with prediction results and discuss.

Step 1 - Take the Google survey here --> https://forms.gle/HxmrNEpYHJRoKJDUA

I will follow up with a debrief of information collected, analysis and survey intentions, and then we can discuss further. Please know this is not an official Pynk survey. I’m acting 100% as a member of the Pynk crowd, for the Pynk crowd.

Let’s all learn together!

9 Likes

Hi Matt. This survey was really well put togheter. So curious to see the results. Great job!!:dart::heart:

3 Likes

Thanks Matt, great survey.

2 Likes

@Thewseph good survey :sunglasses:. Please share the results when you are done with the research.

3 Likes

I too enjoyed your survey @Thewseph. Glad to see you back here. Hope all is well out your way. Stay safe!

3 Likes

Thanks for the encouragement!
@KarenM
@mosigman
@mandrew82002
@Tradelta

My assignment is due EOD tomorrow, I’ll get some initial data from that (still need at least 5 more responses for the assignment!). For the community, I’m going to leave the survey open another week and will share what I learn here.

2 Likes

Ok guys, let’s help him out. Whoever didn’t do the survey and is reading this, please do it. It doesn’t take long and it isn’t difficult. @kaabayahaya, @sabbud, @moneybijay, @RazvanPaun, @Al_Wallace, @cryptoajt. Show him what you got!

5 Likes

Open ended questions really gets new perspectives. Great job.

3 Likes

I did mine already! :+1:

3 Likes

Love how it’s pieced together. Looking forward to hearing about the results.

5 Likes

I did already and many things were mentioned there that I always like to talk about. Thanks for this survery and expecting more in the upcoming days to make Pynk even more better than ever. :heart_eyes: :sunglasses:

6 Likes

You´re right mate. Surveys like this makes Pynk better over time. As Pynk is built by community members and for community members our feedback is very much appreciated. :nerd_face:

So come on guys and girls!!! :man_red_haired: :girl: Let´s try to help Pynk improve things over time: it’s better for Pynk and therefore for us too!!

Let´s begin with this quick and interesting survey. :muscle:

7 Likes

Hii,
I did the survey too.
Kindly response to that and inform me if any mistakes over there…
LOVES PYNK​:raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands::heart::blue_heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::point_right::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands::point_left::wave::wave::wave::wave:

4 Likes

Congrats Brother , you are doing good job

3 Likes

Thanks everyone! The survey is now closed, and I am writing to share the results.

Straight to the link: This is the google presentation I turned in for the class assignment:

Pynk Prediction Results Survey

I am delayed because I hoped to do a bit more write up about the survey questions, underlying concepts, and essentially why the survey was designed as it was. That hasn’t quite happened yet. So below is a short summary.

Questions were designed to capture motivation, consistency, and optimism around using Pynk. My primary focal points for the questions were intrinsic and extrinsic motivation, which the three types of Pynk prediction results represent a good variety of motivators. In its structure, there is something for everyone. Wisdom Points - extrinsic motivator - the “reward” for participation. Crowd Rank - somewhat both extrinsic / intrinsic - competition can be an intrinsic motivator, however, being better than everyone else is more extrinsic. Prediction accuracy - intrinsic motivator - “how well can I do on this task / would I participate in this task on its own for the sake of learning and improvement?”

I am biased toward appealing to intrinsic motivations. Intrinsic motivation also is correlated with the person being willing to continue learning, working, allocating time to a task even beyond the necessary time. However, I see motivations as a continuum. I believe people’s motivations can shift with new insights, learning or translation of skills to other aspects of life. Therefore, I think it’s shortsighted to align with intrinsic motivation alone, and I think “prediction accuracy, crowd rank, and wisdom points” indicate Pynk is a well rounded platform regarding motivation.

This survey was a small sample size, all people that are active in the community (if you came across the link and clicked it, you must be active in the community!), so probably pretty dedicated Pynksters, and not a complete representation of the Pynk Crowd. That said, this group of Pynksters mostly chose prediction accuracy over crowd rank and wisdom points as their preferred measure of prediction result. In turn, I received quotes suggesting that prediction result communications place more emphasis on accuracy.

So, I’m happy to discuss further. I’m curious about others’ impressions of the survey, results, and other interpretations you might have. Looking forward to additional thoughts!

9 Likes

Great work :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush: Appreciation for this :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing Matt, really enjoyed the presentation. Think I might have even recognised one of the quotes :smiley: hope your assignment graded well. :pray::+1:

4 Likes

Great job @Thewseph! You clearly put a lot of work into this project. Thank you for sharing the results.

3 Likes

Well done @Thewseph. Very nice and understandable presentation. Tnx for info and effort. :muscle::clap::clap::clap:

3 Likes

@Thewseph from Sunny California :sun_with_face:

That is great, thanks and I hope you will smash the UX class asap, thanks for being an excellent example for many Pynksters around. :clap: :clap: :clap:

4 Likes