Reading for Pynksters 🧐

Found this article on medium, quite an interesting read and he makes a few good arguments about Bitcoins legitimacy as ‘digital gold’

“Why Bitcoin Isn’t Digital Gold” by Concoda https://link.medium.com/zUOJhiLWq2

3 Likes

@Al_Wallace Interesting post, especially as the BRICS ( Brazil, Russia, India, China amd South Africa are dedollarizing. China and Russia have been hoarding gold for the last 10 years or more.I see China’s CBDC being pegged to gold, if this happens the dollar will cease to exsist. However , BTC will also struggle to become a store of value.
The next 20-30 years we could see wide spread disruptive events that in my opinion force financial institutions to revaluate the current models. Fiat has a limited time, but I think in certain regions, it will still have relevance.
This articles quite good:

6 Likes

This is a very little book of 180 pages that will really enlighten your mind.
I read it many times and each time it helps me to regain self-confidence when I a little bit short of it and each times you can get something new from it.
Cheap but very worth reading!!!

4 Likes

Looks like a great book @Tradelta thanks for the recommendation. Have added it to my list. What was one or two things that you took away from it?

5 Likes

" Debt : The First 5000 Years " by David Graeber

Excellent book that explains a lot about monetary policy of governments.

Why do I get message: you are not allowed to include pictures in the post & you are not allowed to include links in the post?

3 Likes

Think it’s because you’ve not been active long enough @Eva. Not sure of the parameters but I’m sure @nerdy would help

2 Likes

Sorry meant @deyner1984.
:woozy_face:

1 Like

Thank you stackem :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Sorry @Eva. :pray:

You will need to unlock Trust Level 2 in order to do that! Our forum is designed in such a way that new users are empowered to read more, to search more…Every user start with the lowest Trust Level here which is 0, then, in time, the user is promoted to subsequent Trust Levels allowing them to do many more things, like include images and links as anexample.

4 Likes

Incidentally, if you’d like a little light reading :nerd_face:, then Jim Rickard’s Road to Ruin is a brilliant in depth look at how the current financial systems were built and leveraged in favour of the elites.

Touches on the formation of the BoE in the 17th century, right up to the current foreboding shit storm that’s waiting in the wings :scream:.

Really, really insightful and educational.

3 Likes

Once you are here a bit longer and continue to be active (you are doing great there btw) you will be granted more functions

1 Like

stackem, you said:

I will add anything by Nomi Prins. Again not quite light reading, and not for faint hearted.
But her credentials are impeccable, and so are her arguments.

Eva

3 Likes

Another one worth reading is “The Social Organisation” by Anthony J Bradley and Mark P McDonald. I bet that Seth Ward has a copy!!!

4 Likes