[PODCAST] 🌿 Cannabis Stocks: Once In A Generation Opportunity

Hello everyone,

Who is also in Seeking Alpha?

Ted Waller of Seeking Alpha (a private investor who has over 50 years of investing experience). In that Podcast he says Cannabis stocks are a good deal right now - don’t be afraid to put more money in.

:thinking: What do you think about that? Does any of us check Cannabis stocks lately? and agree with Ted?

5 Likes

I don’t know any of those cannabis stocks. In my youth I was good consumer ahahah :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:…always appreciated the article.
Personally i never abused but I always noticed that by assuming it in an aware manner, knowing where is the limit, it really enhance the focus.

I have plenty examples in my personal life where after smoking a just that bit, I was able to go read books on a whole different and depht manner…same for movies, music and art in general.

Beside this, I know cannabis is a natural resourse with wich we could manifacture almost anything. It is a plant that really has chemical and phisical properties which are unique for the thousand things we could manifacture out from it from clothes to food to health products to fuel too. Great industry indeed.

Beside this I never had the chance to look upon any stock of this kind…would be very curious to check one of those out for you if you give me some name. :grin:

3 Likes

I have checked on some cannabis stocks and found two to research further for investment.
Aurora Cannabis ----ACB. They did a reverse split 12:1 back in May and look promising.
Cronos -----CRON seems to be a bit more stable, steadily rising…
Way back when we first discussed cannabis, my thought were this is an area to invest in and I still think the same.

4 Likes

Are you ready?!:rocket:

4 Likes

Personally I’d lean slightly more on Aurora but even this is a good BUY opportunity. There are just some key support levels to look upon but definitely a good BUY.

4 Likes

Another good podcast is this one:

In it Peter Schiff talks to Joe Rogan about the US economy. Although a bit ranty at times and definitely, a much more hard core capitalist you’d struggle to find, he makes some great points.

Quite long at 3 hours but if you’re driving anywhere or running.or whatever, it’s great to pass the time.

4 Likes

Stefano you are the best!! For you to be able to put this together that fast is amazing! I followed along and you are a great teacher! I like hearing your kids in the background…and your reaction towards the end, with long term growth potential, is priceless!!!

2 Likes

Thank you Karen I am glad you appreciated it!! :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing @Tradelta. Don’t have time to watch just now but I will tonight! :+1:

3 Likes

I have had Aurora for a long time and I sit on a 80% lost. I think it is a long shot investment that can go either way. A lot of the cannabis companies sit in massive debts, hoping and waiting USA eases federal restrictions so the can trade freely.
It is a promising industry as you may think eventually cannabis will become legal. Still too much opposition though.
@KarenM , that 12:1 split was after losing 90% of the stock value in order not to be delisted and remove market pressure.
@Tradelta , I really hope you are right and take off like a rocket in the coming years. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’ve been looking at Organigram (OGI NASDAQ) for a couple of months.
If anyone (@ch1ch0 ?) would know a UK based broker that lists OGI I’d be grateful :star_struck:

3 Likes

Sorry, I could not find it on any of platforms I use. What do you see in the company? Out of curiosity if you can/want to tell?

2 Likes

Hargreaves Lansdown have it @stackem and pretty much any stock you’d like to buy. It’s incredibly rare I find something they don’t have. Pricey though in terms of fees.

4 Likes

Hi @ch1ch0 thanks for looking any way. :+1:

I don’t mind saying what I see in them at all …

I think Organigram is very well placed for longer term growth. Looking at the stats at the moment it does look terrible, but then show me a really credible cannabis stock that doesn’t right now :pleading_face:

Unlike it’s nearest competitors who’ve aggressively gone on buy out binges to scale production, Organigram have been perfecting their on campus facility to turn out one of the lowest cost of production yields in the business, whilst also producing some of the finest quality, award winning plants, a sure way to keep and expand customer base.

Recreational weed aside, the company focuses on Med grade produce and has signed deals with Israeli firm Canndoc, giving access to European and Israeli markets. Also bought into Alpha-Cannabis, medicinal cannabis producer in the worlds biggest market for pharmaceutical grade cannabis, Germany.

OrganiGram has been one of the few major weed growers to run its business as a consumer packaged goods company right from the start. The company has placed a premium on growing great weed in a cost-efficient way since its inception. The net result is that OrganiGram has one of the lowest costs of production, a “better-than-many” balance sheet, and a well-earned reputation as a top-level grower. Many of OrganiGram’s peers, by contrast, are now facing serious liquidity issues because of their overly aggressive expansion plans.

There’s going to be many bankruptcies/closures of weed companies in the coming year, it’ll take this for any pot company to really expand like the initial startups, I think this company is in a great place to exploit this.

Trying to find a broker that sells the stock to UK investors is proving a challenge though :woozy_face:
$1.31 I think is a steal compared to the longer term upside.

5 Likes

Cheers @Al_Wallace, I’ll check them out :+1:

2 Likes