Naming the Thesis assets - Cannabis/hemp sector Thesis

Hello Pynk Community, :wave:

As you know, we are all about co-creating here at Pynk. So this week we’d like your feedback on naming one of the theses within our ‘Thesis Portfolio’.

We have come up with a few of our own for your consideration - but possibly you have some brighter ideas? :bulb:

In this particular thesis, we are capitalising on deregulation in the high growth cannabis & hemp markets.

Some of the ideas we had for potential names are below:

Cannabis

Pot

Weed

Mary Jane

Cheech & Chong

Up In Smoke

Bogart

Doobie

Splif

Weed #420

Munchies

Dude

Green Squared

So, what do you think?

Feel free to suggest new names or to comment on the one that tickles your fancy the most. Once we have a feeling for what works we will run a short poll and the winning name will claim victory!

Over the next few days, we will be giving you the opportunity to suggest names for more of our Theses. So do keep an eye on this thread!

Thank you!

When investing, your capital is at risk.

9 Likes

There are sooooo many synonyms for marijuana but a few of my favourites:

dope
skunk
ganja

And then there are the exotically named strains
Blue Haze
Gorilla Glue
etc, etc.

I might be tempted to go for ‘Dope’ as it has a second meaning of ‘really good’ which is quite pleasing (although it obviously can have a more negative meaning, so maybe not.)

How about ‘The Potfolio’?

‘folio’ is from the Latin ‘folium’ meaning ‘leaf’ - that tickles me :slight_smile:

So how about calling it ‘Folium’ ? :smiley:

11 Likes

Hey @Al_Wallace . I love when the community gets involved! Are the investments geared toward legal marijuana dispensaries or more focused on the cannabis/hemp therapy area?

5 Likes

I agree with you @PynkIan about being careful of negative image names. The cannabis sector is so much more than ‘getting high’.

4 Likes

Love that ‘Folium’ suggestion Ian. thanks!

5 Likes

I like the name ‘Folium’ as well. I wasn’t aware it means leaf- we learn something new everyday!
How about ‘Green Wellness’. It reflects the broad spectrum of cannabis/hemp benefits a positive way.

7 Likes

Ha, love the ideas here.

I would ask - will users have to choose which thesis they want to invest to?
If users shall invest in this specific portfolio, I will vote for a descriptive name.
If it’s just an internal label (or there will be a visible description next to this label), I’ll vote for a fancy name.

5 Likes

Just a quick thought on that:
As we are international in our Pynk Tribe (or is it Pynk Trybe?),
I suggest the name for cannabis with a widest reach in english speaking communities.
Looking at my background, which is strictly non-pot-smoking, if any of the majority of the names were to be adopted, I would have found no clue in the name.

5 Likes

I think Ganja could be a good option as it is the original hindi word for the hemp, and in my opinion does not have the same negative connotation as other related names

5 Likes

PotFolio, inspired :rofl:. Love it.

7 Likes

I’m suggesting:

‘Keep off the grass’
‘Budding Industry’
and
‘Weed be great together’

:slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

What about—

‘THESIS VICE’

Everybody loves vice! It practically sells itself! …Plus, …that’s a rather clever play on words if I do say so myself…! …Or not…(?)

3 Likes

PotFolio :rofl: this one gets my vote

5 Likes

Potfolio is my favorite for now haha
But here are some more suggestions, it’s harder then I tought haha

Smoke what?
Flower power
Rolling high
Highfolio (not based on Potfolio)

or if words are not enough, one of these 2 pictures

4 Likes

that image of Steve Buscemi hurts my brain a bit :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

"The Potfolio" :heart:

slomo

5 Likes

I like “Potfolio”…easy to pronounce and “very” representative :laughing:

5 Likes

Haha, PotFolio gets my vote too :joy:

4 Likes

If we go for thesis thumbnails, the Buscemi one would be my first call :laughing:

3 Likes

“Potfolio” is inspired, it makes me chuckle each time I think of it.

6 Likes
Disclaimer: By accessing the community forum you accept the Terms of Use in its entirety. Information, opinions and content posted or uploaded to the community does not constitute investment or financial advice given or endorsed by Pynk One Ltd and its affiliated companies. Information of this community is not intended to be relied upon for investment purposes. Investing carries a high degree of risk. Please make sure you invest aware, understand the risks of investing and seek independent advice if needed.
Terms & Conditions - Privacy & Cookies Policy
Copyright © 2021 Crowdsense Ltd.. All rights reserved.