It’s the turn of the year (as well as the 2nd decade of the 2000s).
As good a time as any to look back at how far we’ve come before looking forwards at what’s to come.
Pynk has been ‘a thing’ for just over a year now and in 2019 we’ve…
- Gone from around 100 to 10,000 users. That’s 100x user growth
- Completed our first investment round and are on the verge of completing our second which will let us fast-forward our roadmap
- Moved from a super clunky Alpha cobbled together using Wordpress plugins, to a much more usable Beta
- Introduced our first AI to process user predictions and help with our investment decision-making - and now we’re in the process of implementing the second version which is exponentially more advanced and flexible. This isn’t something you see much of at the moment but for the Pynk trading team it’s hugely exciting. Once the fund launches you and our future investors will start to feel the benefit
- We just launched an invitation-only early version of the Pynk community to promote coaching and co-creation. This is where you get a chance to talk, collaborate and co-create Pynk. Yes, the Pynksters inside the community are shaping how we build the business itself as well as discussing financial education, inclusivity and elearning strategies. Long term this will be where you get to discuss ways to solve business and other problems and even crowdsource the businesses that do so
- We’ve moved from 1 to 3 assets in our price prediction tool. You can now tell us where you think the price of Gold, Bitcoin and the Nasdaq 100 index are going to be in the near future (so we can use our combination of Crowd, Experts and AI to make profitable trades)
- We’ve seen that our best predictors have improved their performance by more than 100% from September to November 2019 alone. This is promising, especially as this has happened even before our elearning and community features have been launched. It means that just the commitment to doing regular price predictions can improve performance.
- And we’ve won a few awards along the way
But it still feels as though we’ve barely made a dent in our roadmap. Pynk today is just a fraction of 1% of where we plan to take it.
It would be easy to jump into the app today and think we’re just about making price predictions. That would be understandable but hugely missing the point. We’re working on that.
So what can we expect in 2020?
- Well… quite a lot!
- One big thing we’ve been working on (with FlatIron School) is improving the UX/UI so the app is drastically more intuitive and rewarding to use. From Q1 2020 we are starting to implement many of the findings and recommendations that have come out of reviewing the goals of the app, interviewing new and existing users and rethinking everything
- We are also about to start integrating smart onboarding to step new users through what Pynk’s about, the benefits of getting involved, and encouraging the habit of regularly coming back to predict, learn, contribute and earn through the app
- We’ll continue to add more asset classes and investment types to the platform - so you’ll not only see more short-term trading predictions but also be able to contribute to long-term portfolio building that’s in line with both your financial expectations AND your ethical considerations
- We’ll launch the ability to invest in Pynk’s fund - first of all to High Net Worth, Sophisticated and Institutional investors, and then to everyday investors. We’d prefer to do this the other way round, but the regulations make it next to impossible to do so. We’re committed to sharing the rewards with everyone along the way - if you can’t invest yet, you can still contribute to the project and have the chance to earn a share of the profits.
- Possibly most exciting is that we’re working on next-level gamification. We know that we need to improve the financial intelligence of Pynksters everywhere. And that the best way to learn is by doing. Plus, even though investing in your financial future is deadly serious, that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be fun. So we’ve put together something that will achieve all of the above while training our AI analyst, Rose, to make smarter investment and trading recommendations.
- The prediction and investment recommendations will be complemented by an integrated community and elearning system to encourage a mix of healthy competition with collaboration to improve the preciction accuracy and decision-making of Pynk as a whole.
- Plus we have a whole host of other features coming towards the end of the year to promote transparency and sustainability when it comes to investing into both new and established businesses.
More than anything, though, this isn’t really about cool features or even making money.
It’s about fixing a broken system, making sure that smart, safe, long-term and ethical investments are available to everybody.
Yes, we’re here to help everyone invest in a better future
But that doesn’t just mean making money
It involves making collaborative decisions that encourage sustainable business models by funneling money into the companies that people are happy investing into
This means taking power back from faceless decision-makers who invest on behalf of the masses and continue to put too much money into things we don’t like - such as weapons and fossil fuels.
Ultimately we are going to be collaborating to actually create, incubate and grow new business ideas that fix issues whether they’re global or local.
And not just this - we’ll work together to join, promote and create movements that put pressure on governments and businesses to ‘do the right thing’ instead of focusing on short-term goals rather than consider a wider range of goals.
And we believe that as information flows continue to open up, with people understanding more and more just how damaging some companies are to our collective future, the investments we make together through Pynk will not just match but actually outperform those that don’t take these considerations into account.
If you believe we can Invest Better Together, you’re in the right place, at the right time.
2020 is going to be fun, and it’s going to be rewarding.
Because the future’s bright Pynk!