July Research - Satisfaction Survey Link - *Closing date - 7/27 at 8:00 AM PST (Pacific Standard Time)

I am happy to open the survey for our first Crowd Experience research project. It is 23 questions, and will take an estimated 10-15 minutes to complete. Please submit your responses by Next Monday - 7/27 by 8 AM PST (Pacific Standard Time). I will close it for responses then. Link below:

July Crowd Research Survey - https://forms.gle/BLud4eSWtmzEMdgW7

Throughout the week, I will post some of the underlying ideas I used to create the survey.

4 Likes

C’mon guys, let’s help @Thewseph and help Pynk by answering this survey
Great job Matt!!

4 Likes

Well done!! :v:, please share some insight when you get a chance @Thewseph

3 Likes

For those interested, I’ll take a moment to explain ideas underlying this month’s survey. One way to dissect a product in terms of design is to break it down into mental, conceptual, and systems models. This survey focuses primarily on mental and conceptual models (Understanding Mental and Conceptual Models in Product Design - UX Collective). I’ll explain all three because the system model is important for context.

• Mental Model:
    This is our understanding of what a product is and how a product should work. Using a car as a product example, it is what comes to mind when (who aren’t mechanics) we think the word “car.” The mental image, car’s functions, and what we do with cars are all our mental model.

• Conceptual Model:
    The conceptual model is the designer’s high-level plan for a product and what it is intended to be. The conceptual model includes plans for the interface, how interface features fit and work together. The conceptual model is like the combined sum of all the parts of a product the user interacts with. Using our example of the car, the conceptual model is the planned features (i.e., 2 door or 4 door, key or push button ignition, automatic or manual transmission, hatchback or trunk, right or left driver’s seat - I see you, UK :wink: ).

• Systemic Model: (What the conceptual model isn’t):
    The systemic model, for context, is all the parts that go together “under the hood.” It is the code, the programming, the algorithms, the data architecture, and all the working parts the user doesn’t need to know about to be able to work the product. In a car, the systemic model is the engine, transmission, fuel system, cooling system, suspension, and how all those parts go together to make the car work.

The research question I considered for this month’s survey was: “How do the interactions between Pynk’s users’ mental models and the conceptual model impact User Satisfaction?” Reading that, you might recognize how the questions are assessing interactions between mental and conceptual models for Pynk.

We won’t likely reach a definitive answer to this research question for numerous reasons. Particularly, for researchers in the crowd, we won’t have enough responses to make the data statistically significant. Also, as a single method, we won’t be able to validate and triangulate data. That doesn’t mean that the results aren’t important though. Instead, we can identify insights gathered by the data to present quick findings, implications, and make recommendations.

With additional research projects over time, we can start connecting dots to get a more 3-dimensional picture of the crowd.

4 Likes

Wow…this was really interesting. Thank you for these insights Matt!

2 Likes

Very nice! I get what you mean about the significance of the statistics… I hope fellow Pynksters can make this, and other surveys, statistically significant

C’mon Pynk crowd!!!

3 Likes

Thanks Matt @Thewseph! This is very interesting and a great chance for all Pynksters to take part (no right or wrong answers). I hope many will participate…and please, share the results no matter.

2 Likes

survey completed successfully

3 Likes

Glad to have you here @fonsecan! Pynk community is growing. Please stick around, read what we are about, and share your thoughts.

2 Likes

About an hour before the survey closes. Jump in there and give some feedback if you can!

2 Likes

When you share the results, please also tell us how many Pynksters participated. I’m curious to see the results.

2 Likes

Absolutely! I received 11 responses. I hope this to gain more traction over time. Of course, higher numbers of survey responses are better. The good news is, even a small amount of responses can provide insights for implications (which is the primary focal point for User Research and Usability).

I’ll put together a slide deck this week or weekend, and share it along with the raw data with everyone. That will include some information about sharing User Research results, also.

1 Like

:scream: I’ve only just seen this thread Matt… sorry mate, missed the deadline :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Results still forthcoming. Analysis taking longer than expected and my “free time” keeps getting eaten up with other things. Luckily, I have both the day off today and childcare (that’s a magical sentence), so I’ll get through a chunk of a results report.

In the meantime, I thought I’d share a bit more I’ve learned about UX:

From multiple sources, from personal interactions to blogs and instructors, I’ve been steered toward the holistic perspective on UX (What is Holistic Design? - Interaction Design Foundation). Product users are not their isolated interactions with a singular product. We do, in fact, have full lives outside of using any product (no matter what Facebook or Google thinks :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:). So, User Experience also includes how a product fits in the bigger picture of a person’s broader life.

I think this is uniquely important to Pynk’s brand of collective investing. To be a community that operates in the interests of our collective values, beliefs, and financial interests, we must also understand those values and interests. Understanding the Pynkster culture will also contribute to the design of the product to enhance and evolve the culture and product simultaneously. This is the reason I’ve chosen to call this series of research projects “Crowd Experience.”

The “Getting to Know Us” section of this months survey was the first step in understanding the Pynk Crowd as a culture. Future projects will continue to contain some aspect of understanding ourselves as a group, rather than focusing solely on our experience with the Pynk product.

Thank you for your patience while I’m still writing up this month’s survey results!

4 Likes

Thanks for the update @Thewseph! As our community grows, I hope to see more participation next time around. Together we learn about our collective selves.

1 Like

Thanks @Thewseph! Agree with @KarenM here: as the community grows participation in this kind of activity will grow to. Great job mate! Thanks for the update! :clap: :+1:

1 Like