Is this the future of education?

I came across an interesting concept whilst perusing through product hunt earlier today:

As you’ll see if you follow the link (remember to give it an upvote whilst you’re there, we love Producthunt here!) Prodeus tracks your time spent learning about topics on youtube. You watch educational videos on Youtube and it categories them and then gives you a ‘degree’. It’s an interesting concept for sure, the obvious issue is how legitimate one of these degrees would be to a potential employer.

I do think there needs to be a better solution to classroom-based, curriculum learning and I do believe that forward-thinking employers are starting to realise that a University degree can’t be the only or main metric that needs to be considered during employment. I don’t think this is the ‘end game’ answer to that particular issue but I do think it’s a sign of things to come for education.

What do you guys think?

3 Likes

It’s a great extension to self evaluate your own learning curve I think, but as a degree that a potential employer would consider? I’m doubtful.

The cynic could draw the conclusion that the candidate was playing Xbox whilst the YouTube videos played on :woozy_face:.

Definitely see higher education moving online though, hell of a lot cheaper.

Great find though @Al_Wallace, might give it a whirl myself :grin:

3 Likes

Well this is a really cool concept indeed Al!! I was already looking forward for the possibility to put on the curriculum a metric of your effort in studying a specific topic.
I was daydreaming about something in these regard few time ago with a friend of mine ahahah :grin::grin::grin:

Great fing for real!!

1 Like