As an appointed representative of an FCA regulated company in the UK, providing proof of address is one of the key elements of our KYC process. We realise that documents vary from country to country but, the good news is, our partner accepts hundreds of different forms of ID and addresses.
Depending on which jurisdiction you are from, this may vary greatly. We have created some general guidelines below to help you.
Whilst the list below is not exhaustive, we have provided you with some of the most commonly accepted forms of ID. Please bear in mind that we do not accept screenshots or photocopies of documents. PDF versions of online utility bills are accepted however.
- A Bank or Building Society statement - must include your full name, address, and must have been issued no longer than 3 months ago.
- Utility bill - for gas, electricity, water, etc. These documents must be associated to your registered address and must include your full name, address, and must have been issued no longer than 3 months ago.
- Lease agreement - Must be for a current tenancy, with the full registered address and the signature of both landlord and tenant included.
- Credit card statement - must include your full name, address, and must have been issued no longer than 3 months ago.
- A government issued correspondence - e.g a letter from a recognized public authority or public servant, must include your full name, address, and must have been issued no longer than 3 months ago.
- Employer’s certificate - must include your full name, address, and must have been issued no longer than 3 months ago.
- House purchase deed - Must be for your current registered address, and feature your full name and address.
The following ID documents are also generally accepted as proof of address, provided they have your full name and address on them.
- Identity card ;
- Driving license .
Remember that you cannot use the same document to confirm both your identity and the proof of address. We require separate proof of address and proof of identification.
Remember, to prevent fraud and association with persons engaged in criminal activities, it is required by us that our users prove their current address . Below are some examples of documents that are not considered suitable forms of proof of address.
- Pension statement ;
- Bank reference ;
- Insurance policy ;
- Transfer receipt .
Our KYC partner supports the vast majority of languages, with a few notable exceptions: Arabic, Farsi, and others based on the Arabic script without Latin transliteration are unfortunately not accepted at this time. If your document is fully in Arabic or another language with ligature font, we would require you to make a notarized translation in English.
Of course, our small but mighty Customer Support team are always ready to help. Please reach out to us at email@example.com. That being said, if you do not have the required documentation, there is very little we can do to help you - we appreciate your understanding with this.
Please note our KYC verification is carried out by our partners, and whilst we will try to assist with any issues you may have, depending on the nature of your issue, these matters can take a minimum of 48 hours to resolve. We therefore kindly request your patience when reaching out to our Customer Services team.