Forecasts frequency

How often are forecasts added to the app?

It is part of the weekly target, I was wondering if there will be new questions each week? Or should I have saved some?

Have I been too efficient :smile:

7 Likes

Hello @KD8482 :wave:

Thanks for bringing that up :clap:

Ideally, forecast questions are optional for now, rather than asking to ask like some similar projects around the world, Forecast questions are coming based on Trading Committee’s decision, researches and plans. and more will popup into that section (we are committing more resources to increase this section),

Seems like it will more like fortnightly delivery at this stage and some researches be presented back into Weekly Focus category to discuss further :+1:

5 Likes

:ok_hand: as long as I don’t “fail” this weeks task list and the WP reward because there are no forecasts available… that’s all fine :rofl:

4 Likes

Rest assured @KD8482, we will make sure that the forecasting questions will keep on rolling. :man_cartwheeling:

Moving aside from the weekly reward users gain from completing the forecasting questions, there’s substantially more to gain from there. In my learning journey, I find that well thought through questions can oftentimes be more insightful than answers themselves. When we shoot questions to our brains, our wiring bursts, subconsciously making connections between seemingly unconnected subjects over time. That’s especially true in the financial markets where knowledge in any conceivable field can provide the beholder with a competitive advantage in the market. That could translate into spotting future trends based on expert knowledge or generalist knowledge in several fields, and identifying companies that can bring transformational change. We want to encourage just that. :mage:

I am happy to see that you are a vocal and eager learner on our platform. I am sure that the content provided on the forum and the experience you gain from the beta tool will unlock some savvy skills in due course, inquisitiveness and commercial awareness being at top of the list (that’s beyond the implied financial acumen).

Keep asking and we’ll undoubtedly improve together. :rocket:

6 Likes

The problem with a gamefied app and ‘rewards system’ is that it drives behaviour. So, whilst I was mostly joking above, you will lose users if you set them up to fail by not making all elements of a weekly reward available.
It was not a criticism of a brand new app, we are all learning together, it’s perhaps that I am still in beta tester mode and looking for bugs.

You are correct about everything you say in your message, in fact, in the beta I answered the questions differently than I did last week. I had more time to think, I discussed it a little more, I asked people what they thought. So it really got conversation going.

I have learnt so much, mainly about how tolerant and supportive of newbies this forum can be.
It is an incredibly sharp learning curve, it’s also a lot of fun.

Also, some people will understand… I’m a completionist. So a list with ticks must be completed asap :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

On a final point: none of the above answers what happens re changing the weekly reward!! I’m a stickler for getting an actual answer, I’m not sorry, I need clarity!!

6 Likes

I’m glad to hear your experience is pleasant and your learning curve is perceivably steep. You are certainly right regarding the need to deliver on forecast questions to allow people to meet their goals, especially for the completionists in the room. :nerd_face:

Given how keen you are about it, it may very well be the nudge the team needs to formalise the delivery of forecasting questions, making it a weekly affair. Above and beyond, I’m confident that your enthusiasm reflects the spirit of all active crowd members out there so let’s get cracking!

Each week from now on you’ll see a batch of 2 forecasting questions with a lifetime of 2 weeks. In other words, while each week you’ll have 2 new forecasting questions, you’ll be able to complete each one of them within 2 weeks since they were posted before they expire. This should ensure a smooth flow of forecasting questions as well as weekly focus topics to follow thereafter.

Does this answer your question? :space_invader:

6 Likes

Thank you!!

I feel like a trouble maker :smirk_cat:

I am very keen, it might seem petulant to keep asking questions, but it comes from a good place. I love this app and the community, I want to help optimise it. Also I like this questions section because I hope it helps other newcomers understand that questions will be answered, it’s ok to ask…but more importantly it’s ok to be baffled/overwhelmed!

6 Likes

Sorry about that @KD8482, I simply failed to mention this better, my bad :see_no_evil: (fortnightly as in expiration of questions)

as @RazvanPaun perfectly cleared out above, a new set of forecast questions is coming up tomorrow.

Mañana :sunny: :sunglasses: :tropical_drink:

6 Likes

Its all good, nothing to be sorry for!

Thank you!

2 Likes

Talking about forecast…is there a place where I can see a display of the historical forecast, ROSE forecast against myself and crowd forecast?

3 Likes

If I understand your question I think you are looking for “my performance”
Hit the menu button and select my performance.

If that is not what you are looking for, please come back and let us know!

2 Likes

I see what you mean but it is not what I am looking for. I was thinking more about perhaps an actual 2D graph with Y axis let’s say bitcoin price and X axis dates and then in there bitcoin price, ROSE forecast, crowd forecast and my forecast?

2 Likes

I’m tapping out and letting someone who can help help :rofl:

When you have your solution (not in a way that I am asking you to justify the request) I am genuinely interested what would this show you? What information would it provide?

I’m new to reading all the charts and I find them fascinating

4 Likes

Did you mean this page @ch1ch0 ? This page is just released only 8 days ago, after learning phase completed we will send out a further UX survey to find out what improvements can be added.

2 Likes

I saw that as well but i could not see the dates below and that why I probably didnt pay it much attention…please correct me if I am wrong, is it ROSE prediction the same as crowd average? I thought the idea was to feed ROSE with crowd predictions in order to forecast the future value? Or actually the pink graph represents ROSE?

1 Like

I do understand!! more than you can imagine! :smile: :upside_down_face: :joy:

5 Likes

It’s part of what I like about pynk :smiley:

It’s set amount of things to do and then it rewards me for finishing them! Find me in my happy place :rofl:

2 Likes

Haha I’m curious about the accuracy of ROSE and also mine against the crow. That’s the main reason.
I also believe it gives better visibility on ROSE predictions and looks neater.
Still not sure how the whole platform would work but being able to check how often ROSE predicts correctly will help people manage risk?

2 Likes

Thank you for explaining @ch1ch0 :slight_smile:

Also, thanks for the new questions Pynk!!

Goes off for a think about men’s skincare and airplanes… :thinking:

:smiley:

1 Like

Hey Angel :wave:

Not sure we will be sharing our secret sauce that easy :slight_smile:

ROSE’s signals are not on that app, however, you can see the crowd average. Which is Wisdom of Crowds and Rose finds the Wisdom in Crowd.

6 Likes