Crowd Research: Inspiration - Manager Tab (Let's take a virtual field trip!)

In the July Beta Upgrade survey we learned that the overall experience of the upgrade was positive. The actionable implications of that survey identified an opportunity to enhance the Manager Tab and reduce future dissatisfaction with the fantasy portfolio feature.

Let’s pivot here. Instead of moving forward with a new crowd research project, let’s instead move forward with the next stages of an Open Innovation-style Crowd Design process. [For more on the timely method of Open Innovation see - “Why Now is the Time for Open Innovation” - Harvard Business Review]

Context: A typical Human Centered Design process uses some variation of the following:
Identify a design opportunity -> Inspire ideas (Research, analogous observation) -> Ideate solutions -> Evaluate solutions -> Propose or implement solution (image below demonstrates variations)

(Credit - MovingWorlds.org, https://blog.movingworlds.org/human-centered-design-vs-design-thinking-how-theyre-different-and-how-to-use-them-together-to-create-lasting-change/)

Next Steps: July’s survey effectively completed the first stage: “Identify a design opportunity.” So we will move forward with the Inspiration phase, which is a diverging, idea generating stage using creativity and brainstorming skills. To enter into into that stage, we just need to convert the implications of the survey into a design question along the lines of “How might we…?” -

• “How might we reduce Pynkster’s chances of negative experiences when using the Manager Tab?”

Ground Rules: There are some particular things to do in this stage to ensure free-flowing creative energy:

• Do Encourage Wild Ideas (even if impractical, you never know where a practical idea might originate)
  • Do Think “Outside the Box” (Similar to above, inspiration can come from any thing you see or use, and can be unrelated to Pynk’s business model)
  • Do Withhold Judgement (criticism stops creative energy, those skills come into play in a different phase of the process)
  • Do Build Off Other’s Ideas (“Yes, and” is a great sentence stem to add your idea on top of another idea without negating the previous contribution)
  • Do Have Fun (humor, laughter and flow disrupt our ordinary experience and catalyze creativity)
  • [Brainstorming Rules and Techniques - IDEOU]

The assignment: We’re going on a virtual scavenger hunt. As you browse the internet, use your daily apps, do other daily activities, pay attention to anything that might contribute to a more satisfying experience on Pynk’s manager tab. Share your ideas or inspiration for enhancing the Manager Tab in this thread. You can share pictures, screen shots, mash ups or mock ups of the Manager Tab, or just write out ideas you have in your morning shower. Even if you can’t think of anything, read each other’s posts. You might offer new perspectives by adding to another Pynkster’s idea.

Below are some statements from the survey’s open-ended question on the Manager Tab. These indicate Pynkster’s mental models of the Manager Tab and can serve as starting points. (Please don’t feel obliged to limit your inspirations to these ideas):

“I do not know actually how this section works or for what reason this section is included.”
“View performance of investments, [I] expect to be able to see charts of each asset’s performance.”
“Check manager standing…up/down on the day. Check individual assets to ascertain their performance”
“Checking the status of the fund and moving money”
“I verify changes in profit and loss. I would expect more assets over time.”

Finally, David Kelley of IDEO on Creative Confidence. In this video he concludes “People are naturally creative and they should let those ideas fly”, so let’s do just that over the next few weeks. I look forward to celebrating all your ideas for Pynk.

3 Likes

Hi Matt!
I like a lot the manager tab but I find it very far to be user friendly.

I have some ideas to make it more simple to use:

• The very first thing is to have the price charts available on the manager

• I’d add the possibility to make SELL ORDERS

• I’d also add the possibility to set entry levels, stop loss and take profits levels of price. It is a HUGE pain point to be forced to always go back in the charts to check if the levels are broken down…I personally lost a lot of %points because of the lack of the stop loss while I was unable to go in and manually stop the operation.

• The extra super cool thing I’d add (and this is I thing I always dreamt about for many exchanges to implement) is the possibility to set them (entry level, stop loss and take profit) directly ON THE CHART ITSELF.
    At this point of time there is only one exchange I know that is giving this beautiful and super usefull feature and it is called Bybit.

mmmmmmm I guess I don’t have any other thing to suggest to improve the manager tab! :grin:

4 Likes

Hi Matt, first, I like @Tradelta suggestions. I would like to see a past performance chart. (I guess this is what he refers to as price chart). Also, not sure if this is already implemented, but, if I buy more of an asset, it would be nice to see the breakdown of how many shares were bought at each price, along with the dollar cost average price. I find the manager tool easy to use. Thanks for continued hard work on helping to improve Pynk!

4 Likes

Thanks for taking the first leap, @Tradelta! Yes, this is all in line with what I’d like to discuss here, and I would love to see examples of how other apps have implemented the suggestions you make.

If other Pynksters use prediction, trading, or fantasy fund apps, please share some visual examples of how they’re integrated into their interface.

@Tradelta - If you’re able, please share with us a screen shot of the app you use showing what placing orders on the chart looks like. This will be a great example of using another product’s solution to inspire our own experience with Pynk.

4 Likes

@KarenM, thanks for also jumping in!

I’m going to piggy back on your comment. I use a practice trading app called “stock trainer”. Similar to what you shared, their portfolio page indicates the stocks that you’ve bought, how many shares you own, your average price per share, profits or loss, and percentage loss or gain based on the current price (partial screenshot below). You have to navigate to your account history on this particular app to see a breakdown of the actual prices you’ve paid for each purchase.

It’d be great to see some other examples of this that everyone comes across.

3 Likes

Hi Matt, here in this video is shown briefly Bybit user interface and how it works…it is supersimple for real. You can go check directly min. 3.30.

I wasn’t able to do the video myself because bybit doesn’t make KYC so I don’t put money there but at the same time I recognize them the semplicity of their operational tools.

Hi Karen! I was referring to the possibility to watch the actual chart of that stock, or commodity or whatever…like in the prediction tab. :smile:

4 Likes
Disclaimer: any information found on the Community platform does not constitute any form of advice or recommendation by Crowdsense Ltd. and is not intended to be relied upon by users in making (or refraining from making) any investment decisions. Appropriate independent advice should be obtained before making any such decision.
Copyright © 2020 Crowdsense Ltd.. All rights reserved.