Corona Pandemic has ushered in the Gig Economy

Embrace the change!

You are a Pynkster Gigga!

“Economists with Deutsche Bank, JPMorgan Chase and others also are bracing for a historic surge of nationwide layoffs. In fact, Goldman Sachs has said it expects “an unprecedented decline in revenues across many industries,” saying between 3 million and 7 million jobs could disappear by the summer.”

We have to be prepared to adapt as this serious health crisis continues to tear apart countries and states.

Here at Pynk.io, this change has been ongoing for over a year now, with various members from the 16,000 strong, global, Pynk community, currently employed as Co-creators, Analysts’ and Brand Ambassadors.

If you weren’t aware of the gig economy before the pandemic, you’ll be glad that you joined Pynk.io because every time you make a prediction or write a post; you’re contributing to this defi-ecosystem, and maybe your future career and wealth management.

Do you think this is the beginning of the ‘New Gig Economy’?

10 Likes

Definitely a lot of the job opportunities will increasingly happen online as a lot of people have no choice but to isolate. This already presents a lot of logistical problems and forces to rethink a lot of the business models operating in various economic sectors, and remote work I think will become the new standard even after the crisis is over.
Needless to say that Pynk is very well positioned to benefit from this shift.

7 Likes

I love the share @JonPynkster! As a person predisposed to seeing the positive side regardless of prevailing circumstance, I think that the ongoing pandemic is a great opportunity for businesses to rethink and overhaul their business models.

If blockchain technology tops the list as the most in-demand hard skill of 2020, agility ought to be the most in-demand soft skill. Going beyond the gig economy phenomenon, I believe this is the right time for businesses to double down on digitalisation. The move could yield outsized benefits like substantial cost reduction, increased conversion rates among millennials and digital natives, and leaner business operations, especially among companies with legacy infrastructure.

I expect broader adoption of blockchain technology in supply chain operations, healthcare and debt financing (especially in commodities trading). Great examples of the latter are komgo (https://komgo.io/) and Vakt (https://www.vakt.com/).

3 Likes

Great find Jon. I read the Starfish & the Spider recently which echoes with this sentiment. The companies that are doing well are hybrid decentralised businesses like Amazon,ebay etc. And I believe Pynk can join that pantheon and this crisis will only help expedite that transition.

3 Likes